Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Amateur Movie Review - Bridge To Terabithia





The other night I watched Bridge to Terabithia with my husband. I liked it and would watch it again and he hated it. As the credits rolled his words were "that sucked!"

Not knowing anything about the movie I sat down to watch a movie starring a kid that I absolutely love, Josh Hutcherson he was in one of my kids favorite movies Zathura. He is a good actor and adorable Also in the movie was AnnaSophia Robb who was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which I had just watched with my kids right before.

The movie had an awesome theme with it's friendship and imagination can conquer all so I was a little surprised with the turn it took. I know there was a lesson here but why are there deaths in kid movies? Why would a kid die in a kid movie?

While watching I made a mental note about picking up the DVD for my kids next time I was at the store but that will have to wait.

Personally I wouldn't recommend this movie to any of the kids I know under the age 14 even though it was rated PG.

2 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

i haven't seen the movie, but i loved the book growing up. my husband would probably dislike it, too...with the death and all.

Maria's Space said...

Blue, I need to read the book. I am sure I would really enjoy it. I was really shocked that they killed off his friend.

SPONSOR SHOWCASE

SPONSOR SHOWCASE