Both of us are early birds so we had at least 20 minutes to kill before the movie started. The theatre was ours for the first 15 minutes than others started coming in. The first was a chick by herself. The next a couple. Clary couldn't control herself and said something like, "hooray a guy." He said, "I was dragged". The next group were 4 women in their 40's. They sat right in front of us and like the die hard fans we are, (nothing was going to stop us from hearing every word in the movie which is why we waited 2 weeks to see the movie. We wanted NO NOISE.) we moved! Oh, yes, took our asses and snacks and moved 5 rows away from the hen house.
Another couple came in, Clary started singing "You are not alone!" Then another couple right before the movie started.
We held hands waiting for the movie to start. We do not speak during movies even when home. All talking commences after the movie. You would think we hated each other or at least didn't know each other.
So, with that huge unnecessary build up, the movie starts.
What I Can Tell You:
- Bella is still unexcited about absolutely everything
- The movie felt rushed
- Edward is hot but hardly seen
- It should be illegal for Jacob Black to wear a shirt ever
- It should be illegal for any of us over 35 to lust after 18 year old Taylor Lautner
- Charlie is hardly seen
- There is way too much story for the 2 hour, 4 minute movie.
- Back stories, new characters, missing dialogue and more.
- If I didn't know the story, I would have been very confused.
- The wolf pack look like they need some sandwiches. They are all skinny
- It does not appear that Kristen Stewart is having a relationship with either of these guys outside the movie. The kisses were total movie kisses.
- Rob and Kristen share some awkward hugs and kisses.
- There was so much missing dialogue and some of it was changed or said by different characters.
- I loved it regardless of all the short comings. Some things just don't translate well to the screen. I am happy to see it come to life and can't wait for Breaking Dawn.
- The scenes with the wolfs are so cool.
- We couldn't stop talking about the change of Victoria. Bryce as Victoria's role is so small, why did they find the need to change her from Rachelle?
- Jacob is so much funnier in the book
- Jasper is hotter this time around
- I am still Team Edward
- We would have loved to see more scenes of the Wolfs and vampire practice fighting
- We smiled during the Jacob/Edward/Bella Scenes
I am not sure if they used the Barbie dolls or the real actors for this shot but it totally looks like a bunch of Barbies to me.
Wait......I think I see a sorta smile here. I stand corrected.
If you read the books, don't expect to love the movie. Go in excited for your beloved book to come to life, then go back and read the books. That is what I am doing.
However, I will be snatching up Eclipse on DVD as soon as I can!