I absolutely love this funny, entertaining book! Daniel Holloway and Dorothy Robinson have created the perfect opposite of such books as Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. The reader will totally appreciate mentions of current media attention hogs like: Lost, George Clooney, Bill O’Reilly, Jeremy Priven, The Hills, and more.
Reading this book is like listening to your cooler, older cousin tell you without the b/s, how to approach the dating world with balls and finesse. “Alcohol will turn the path of your bedroom into a slip n slide.”
The sarcastic banter of the authors is hysterical as they navigate you though all stages of the dating process like:
- First Impressions
- Places to meet potential dates and whether it should be for lunch or dinner.
- Surfing the internet dating sites like eHarmony and Match.com, “like real
- life but faker.”
- How to dress “Bohemian chic costs more than your life, It takes more money than you ever thought possible to spend on items that were made for seven cents by child laborers”.
- The reasons you are not having sex and the remedies. I can think of about 8 people off the top of my head that really need to read and underline all pertinent parts of this chapter. “You got laid back in college but now the life police have pulled up in their responsibility paddy wagon”
- Alcohol has a place in dating. “With booze, your flaws are as hidden as Cameron Diaz’s acne.”
- Preparing for liftoff, “Clean the dishes, clean the toilet, the litter box and anything else that smells like poop.”
- Talking you down when you realize that you just might be in a relationship, “changing your MySpace profile from single to in a relationship.”
- How to move in together successfully and the pros and cons of “the great shared bed hoax.”
- Knowing when it is time to break up and how to do it, “(bullet-proof line) I slept with someone else.”
- And so much more……
This quick, easy read has enough really good points to be considered a self book with humor or enough humor to be considered a self help book on humor. You decide.
You will not be disappointed. Great read for a friend, sibling, family member going off to college, someone entering the dating world again, or even someone already in a relationship who could use a good laugh.
Now, for the Giveaway.
Drum roll please..................................
To get your very own copy of this book....
- Leave a comment here on my other blog.
- A random winner will be selected at midnight September 25th and notified by email no later than September 27th.
- The winner will have 3 days to claim their prize.