Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Grammy's Update

If anyone cares, Amy Winehouse will be performing at the 50th Annual Grammy's tomorrow night. Thank God they figured out what to do about that whole Visa mess. I was concerned.

There are 110 categories receiving awards but I am only concerned with the big ones like most people watching from home.

What the hell is the difference between Record and Album of the year? Isn't this the same thing?

Record Of The Year Nominees Are:

Irreplaceable by Beyoncé Knowles
The Pretender by Foo Fighters
Umbrella by Rihanna
What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake
Rehab by Amy Winehouse

Album Of The Year Nominees Are

Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace by Foo Fighters
These Days by Vince Gill
River: The Joni Letters by Herbie Hancock
Graduation by Kanye West
Back To Black by Amy Winehouse

Sadly I will not be able to even voice an opinion here as I have not heard a complete record or album or whatever of any of these artists.

But if my arm was twisted and someone was demanding me to hand out the award strictly on personal preference I would hand it to Foo Fighters.

Song Of The Year Nominees:

Before He Cheats sung by Carrie Underwood
Hey There Delilah sung by Plain White T's
Like A Star sung by Corinne Bailey Rae
Rehab sung by Amy Winehouse
Umbrella sung by Rihanna

I love Carrie but I really love the Hey There Delilah song. Beautiful love song!

Best New Artist Nominations Are:

Feist - In case you like me had no idea who they were
Ledisi
Paramore
Taylor Swift
Amy Winehouse

While I think Taylor is adorable and will have a fine career in my opinion Paramore rocks!!!

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance Nominations Are:
Candyman by Christina Aguilera
1234 by Feist
Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie
Say It Right by Nelly Furtado
Rehab Amy Winehouse

No comments:

SPONSOR SHOWCASE

SPONSOR SHOWCASE