Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Outragous - My Soap Box Rant

This stuff disgusts me.

This is supposed to be my fun for me, entertainment blog but I just read something that sickens me.

This story on Foxnews is about a 25 year old women who was gang raped after receiving a date rape drug by two 14 year olds and a 16 year old. Her 2 and 4 year old children can be heard crying in the background. I am unsure as to why a women would open up a bottle of champagne when she is "entertaining" children, but, I digress.

As if this isn't bad enough, this is not the reason I am mentioning this on my blog.

The reason isn't her age, their age or the fact that her kids were present who are the exact ages of my own babies. No, the reason I am mentioning this is because the movie was posted on YouTube and viewed at least 600 times before being flagged and pulled from the site.

This site uses YouTube every single day to get footage of well just about anything but mostly for my Big Brother updates.

I am outraged that the video was posted, that 600 people witnessed this rape, and while I am not sure how many people flagged it before it was taken off, I am shocked that YouTube's stance is that they took it down as soon as it was flagged as inappropriate.

It certainly sounds like changes need to be made over at YouTube in order to make this free site safer.

Just sayin'

Ok..stepping down.

No comments:

SPONSOR SHOWCASE

SPONSOR SHOWCASE