Tuesday, March 18, 2008

American Idol Top 11


Last week was Lennon and McCarthy and tonight we are going to hear the Beatles.

Amanda Overmeyer sang "Back in the U.S.S.R." and of course sounds like she has been doing this all her life. I LOOOOVE Amanda. She just kicks ass and I love everything she sings.

Randy - Paula and I were sitting her saying this is the perfect song choice for you. You felt the energy of the crowd and picked it up in the middle. It was good.

Paula - It was a little sketchy at first. You were off with the timing.

Simon - It was what it was. I was predictable. It was a bit of a mess. It's the same thing, week after week. Do something that is a bit of a surprise. You are in danger of becoming a bit boring.


Kristy Lee Cook sang "You've Got to Hid your Love Away" and I actually loved her voice on this. I felt like I was at church for a moment. It was good until she got to the chorus for me so I am not sure what happens there. She has a very calm voice and I give her a 7 on this.

Randy - It was an interesting arrangement. The whole song should have been more emotional for you.

Paula - The is the best you have ever looked. You look gorgeous. IT was safe. It was good.

Simon - I think you need hypnosis. The problem is that you are not a good performer. It's like musical wallpaper. You notice it but you can't remember it. You are making no impact.

David Archuleta sang "The Long and Winding Road" and did a wonderful job. I adore his voice. He's cute and can sing beautifully while remaining vulnerable.

Randy - Check it out. You brought the hotness back to your game. That is the kind of song baby. Very nice.

Paula - For me this was the most exciting performance. The purity. You are wonderful.

Simon - Ok, David last week was a complete mess. This week I thought you were amazing. Absolutely. You made my point that you sell a song and b that you remember the performance. Master Class.

Michael Johns sang "A Day In The Life" seriously, does it even matter what Michael sings? I don't care if he sang a Doodlebop Song. Yeah baby. Sexy. Sing to me Michael. Grrrr.


Randy - You know what? You know what's cool. It wasn't one of your best. I still don't think you have chosen the right one. You of anybody can sing but you haven't found the one to do that.

Paula - You were incredible in rehearsal. You lose a connection with the audience because you are worried about how you hear yourself.

Simon - It was a mess. You didn't hit the right notes. It's a very complicated song and it doesn't work as a minute and a half song. You have got to nail the song like David did before you.



Brooke White sang "Here Comes The Sun" I really love this song. It reminds me of my youth. I grew up with this song playing on the radio. I really didn't love her voice on this song. I thought she tried too hard and I think her voice didn't suit the song.

Randy - That performance was awkward for me. You made a great point right there. You were never really connected to that song. It was not hot.

Paula - You can't help but smile when you watch you. I love the yellow for the sun. You have really good low notes. I think it could have been more challenging. You are a lovable girl.

Simon - I just knew that you would be dressed in yellow and the lights would be yellow. I thought the performance was terrible. From the horrible dancing. It was wet. It was forgettable.



David Cook sang "DayTripper" and man I love him more and more every week. He sounds like he sings this every day. He made the song his own and seemed very comfortable with it. What else can I say? He rocks. He threw the voice box in too.



Randy - Yo. Mr. Cook. I love seeing you every week. It was another song at a David Cook concert. It was another solid look for David Cook.



Paula - There is really not much else anyone else can say. You are ready to go sell records. You did the voice box in a cool way. Commercials are next.


Simon - I don't think that was as good as you thought it was. You lost your element of surprise. A bit predictable. I didn't like that version.



Carly Smithson sang "Blackbird" and she obviously did an amazing job. I don't think it matters what Carly sings. She will always do it well, professional, and perfect. I love the ending. It wasn't my favorite but it was good.



Randy - Another great performnce. Very emoted. Very controlled.



Paula - You have an amazing tone to your voice. The inflictions. The arrangement was beautiful.



Simon - So, Beatles song week two and you chose a song about a Blackbird. It was indulgent. Now you have made me feel uncomfortable because I feel like you are all broken birds.



Jason Castro sang "Michelle" ahhh..he is cute but I will have to close my eyes to hear him really sing. He did just ok for me. I swear this kid looks like Travolta to me. It was ok. Not his best.



Randy - Good choice. I love the song. Little interesting for me, for you. I don't know if I really got it. I don't know if you connected with me.

Paula - You have a distinct charm about you. I feel like you get a little disconnected when you are away from your guitar. It was alike a polka. It was awkward.



Simon - This is a very weird show tonight. I am not sure it was a good idea to do the Beatles again. Where you are lucky is that this a TV show and not a radio show because your face saved that. You are very charming. You are not obnoxious. Your goofiness makes it work.


Syesha Mercardo sang "Yesterday" and did a really good job. I liked the way she sang it. A guitar and nice and slow really worked for me. Best for Syesha so far.


Randy - Very good performance tonight.


Paula - It is great to see how you let yourself be very vulnerable. Connect with your eyes. Connect with the audience.


Simon - I thought that was your best performance so far. It wasn't incredible. You chose the best song. The song Brooke should have sung. I thought you sung the song very, very well. That song should keep you in the competition.

Chikeze sang "I've Just Seen Her Face" which he did a great job on. I would totally listen to this on the radio now. This might be the best for me tonight. Chikeze played the harmonica for the first time and well, it was ok. A little weird because it went from an R& B sound to a country song. Interesting.

Randy - So, there were some good and bad parts for me. I didn't get the slow part. The harmonica was weird. It could be a good country song. It was strange.

Paula - You are showing who you are. It was so pure on the ballad and then you show a whole different side in the scope of 1 minute.

Simon - I thought it started out ok and then you played the harmonica. Then it turned into achy breaky heart at the end.

Ramiele Malubay sang "I Should Have Known Better" it started out a bit weak. I didn't think there was anything really great about it. She was very mechanical.

Randy - I wasn't jumping up and down. You showed the confidence that is in there. It was happy go lucky. It was alright.

Paula - Better than last week. There is something about your voice when you sing ballads.

Simon - It sounded like Chikeze was on the harmonica. I like you. You have a fantastic personality. It sounded very amateurish. You chose very mediocre songs. It is what it is.

The best for me tonight: David Archuleta
Hottest: Michael John (Just have to put that in there because he was just on my TV screen)
The bottom 2 are: Kristy Lee Cook, Ramiele Malubay

No comments:

SPONSOR SHOWCASE

SPONSOR SHOWCASE